Within the unincorporated Township, street lights are maintained by Commonwealth Edison. If you see a street light with a burned out bulb call Commonwealth Edison’s customer service number:

Street lights, if needed in a subdivision, require a petition requesting their installation with the understanding that cost for labor and material will be assessed to the homeowner. After installation, monthly rate usage and maintenance fees are paid from Township funds.